Saturday, May 05, 2007

A day with the sis

Picked JLITH up at LAX last night.

Up early in the morning to go for a long walk, then over to The Griddle Cafe, (one of Wry-ans old haunts) for some gargantuan pankcakes. Being a Saturday morning, the wait was long, but we just luxuriated in a morning just for fun.

Had to digest a bit before our next stop ... Thai massages at Pho Siam. This time we went upstairs, which look very similar, but with one major exception ... no walls! The stalls were divided by beautiful (sheer) drapings. I was a little bit unnerved by the heavy breather in the next stall, especially since there were points where the drapes didn't quite overlap. However, it was dark enough that seeing wasn't really possible, and I figured that as long as he was breathing heavily, he was probably too involved to be peeping at me.

Also, since there were no walls, there was nothing for the masseuse to stabilize herself against. It was only when I turned over that I saw the silky handgrips that descended from the overhead bars, and it all made sense.

Coming out of PS is always a shock. From the cool and shaded interior, one is cast out into the warmth of full sunlight. It can be a rather rude awakening.

Back to my place for some rest, and then on to The Counter, in Santa Monica, for burgers. JLITH found this place in the SouthWest in-flight magazine. Really, we were both still full from breakfast, but we ordered a magnificent burger, a mixed order of sweet potato fries and strig cut onion rings, a dreamy chocolately caramel shake, and split it down the middle. Onion rings were good. I'd rank them second ... after Damon and Pythias, but before the cafeteria at work.

Over the hump to get to the homestead in the valley. With Bork, Genie and all three Beans in the house, it was a little mayhem-otic. Confess that I wasn't much use ... food coma.

No comments: