Thursday, June 16, 2005

Ever have one of those "A haaaaaaa!" moments?

I really hate talking on the phone. Unless the other person is so entertaining that they can go for a while and keep me interested in the conversation until I mentally check back in. On the other hand, I love meeting in person or writing out long emails ... so much more visually stimulating!
Anyway, my sister is a phone talker. Yeah, one of those. So, she'd call me on my cell (which is almost never on, doubly so since it needs to be off while I'm at work in the hospital!) and leave a message. After which I'd email her. To which she'd reply by calling .... and you get the picture. She tends to call when things cross her mind, so calls can be rather randomly timed. Which is not bad in and of itself, but now she's gotten the parents used to the random calling, and now they're wondering why I don't call, how come I don't share more of my life with them, etc etc.
So, my online email buddy directed me to his blog the other day. And there I was, reading through a story about how an army exercise went sour when the port-a-potties were rigged, when I had that "A haaaaa!" moment. Why not do the blog-thing? I get to fill my love for long write-ins, family and friends get to clue in to my life whenever they want, and everyone is happy! And no, my head isn't so swollen that I can't recognize the self-centeredness of that statement, but remember that I did include the caveat, "whenever they want."

2 comments:

Jahn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jahn said...

First!

Looks like blogs have become the 21st century equivalent of the answering machine. :-)