




Took public tranport to the LAX. Wonder Woman offered to drive me, as she was heading out at the same time, but since she needed to go in the opposite direction, and I was already prepared to "rough it," I declined her kind offer. Later, as I switched arms for dragging along my incredibly heavy roller bag, I thought better of it, but sometimes roughing it is good. Took three buses to get to the Southwest terminal, and then I settled in to wait to board, along with all the other people going to Utah ... some families with young children, and some grandparents obviously heading over for conference, an assortment of businessmen, and some random snow-boarder types. Since I was in the C category, I reconciled myself to an awful seat, but my dismal hopes were all in vain. I snagged a seat in the emergency aisle, and had leg room to spare.
Joyous reunion with the beans and Genie. They're growing and learning so quickly. Genie and Bork are raising the beans bilingual, so that their language skills will initially be a little slower than children raised unilingually (is that even a word?), until about age 8, after which they will have caught up with their classmates. Anyway, it's so fun to hear them babble away.
Big Bean's favorite thing to say is, "Dowa, wha-cha doing?" I was amazed to hear him recite Amos 3:7 ... at not-quite 4 years old, he was the first in his primary to memorize and recite it. He seems to be a very imaginative boy, if rather stubborn about random things, like which shoes to wear, and occassionally "terrorizing" his younger brother.
One of Little Bean's favorite things to do is slide down the stairs on his tummy, with a stream of whoa-whoa-whoa's coming from his mouth. Someday I'll catch him with my video camera, but he gets stage fright at the most inopportune times, unlike Big Bean, who loves to perform. Sometimes Little Bean is too prone to cry to get his way, but he is at his best in the mornings, after he's eaten. I had to laugh when Genie told me that he loves to eat snow, and has to be redirected away from the closest snow to the clean snow.
Also got caught up with Genie. She certainly has her hands full with the Beans and Bork. Also, has another Bean in the belly. She also told me weird stories about being asked out on dates by random customers from work, even after she's told them she's happily married. I should be so cursed. Then again, those particular men seems particularly desperate, which makes them particularly unattractive.
Funnily enough, didn't talk a whole lot with Bork this trip. However, I love how thoughtful and loving Genie and Bork are with each other. It's obvious that their first cares are for each other. Makes me happy to see them together.
We all went out to dinner at Mazza, which is in the Sugarhouse area. Even if Bibs hadn't recommended it to me, Genie was set on going there ... apparently one of the best eateries in SLC, by review. Place was packed when we got there, a small feat, since it's really tiny. However, I loved it there. Our waiter was excellent, the food scrumptious, and the owner very affable as he chatted with us. Although I'm not vegetarian, they had a good vegetarian selection, and I revelled in my eggplant dish. JLITH cut out for a bit to finish up a Craig's List transaction, and got lost making her way around a ravine and a golf course. Dinner was cold by the time she made it back, and we'd already divied up all the food family style so that we could taste everything. We were okay to wait for her to finish up, but she decided to pack it up, and we went home where she could eat without having to feel guilty for occupying space while the other hungry diners-in-waiting looked on.
No comments:
Post a Comment