~ My visiting teacher. Brought caramel popcorn and a card. Stayed to commiserate.
~ Doc Martin, the ward choir director. Gave me one of the youth fund raiser Valentine's flowers. Could I feel more guilty for not going to choir?
~ My whippersnapper friend. Gave me a Star Wars valentine with the Emperor (Palpitine) on it. Can't decide whether or not he's poking fun at my age, or saying that he wants me to lead him to the dark side.
~ Improv-er. For reminding us all that love is painful but fun(ny), and offering hugs and smooches.
~ My 15 year old patient today. So what if he processes at the level of a 3rd grader. He told his mother that he'd listen to me because I'm pretty.
~ Little Bean. At age 2, he states, "I'm cute ... I'm great; I'm good; I'm nice; I'm smart. I'm funny!" All this while refusing to have his diaper changed until he's ready, never mind if it's sagging to his knees. Can't wait to visit over Conference.
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
sounds like you had a thoroughly enjoyable valentine's. i'd have been happy with any one of those funny ones.
mine was made nice by the various interesting stories on NPR--both yesterday and over the weekend. I particularly enjoyed This American Life's show on "star-crossed love." and by seeing all those people cramming the lines of albertson's as they bought their last minute bouquets and flowers. it always makes me wonder what their relationships are like.
I like Valentine's Day in theory ... a day to celebrate love. However, like Christmas, I hope that I find ways to celebrate it all year, and not just w ith candy and flowers once a year.
Post a Comment