What were you doing 20 years ago?
In 8th grade. Loving how contacts, make-up and peroxide transformed my exterior from a geek into a cool kid. Girls basketball team, some other random clubs. Having asian friends for the first time.
What were you doing 10 years ago?
Finished my BS at UCI, in nursing school at Pierce, and living again with my parents. Red-shirting for the women's volleyball team. Starting to get very ill.
What were you doing 1 year ago?
Trip to Maui. Discovered feminism and met the "new" Irvine crowd. Playing lots of Catan. Continuing to dance. Dealing with a family crisis.
Five snacks you enjoy:
1. Kettle corn
2. Smelly cheeses
3. M & M's
4. Carrots and peanut butter
5. Anything Wonder Woman cooks
Five songs to which you know (most of) the lyrics:
1. I'm Beginning to See the Light
2. Such Great Heights
3. Where Can I Turn For Peace
4. Angels We Have Heard on High ~ I even know the alto line by heart.
5. Fly Me to the Moon
What can I say, I don't know a lot of lyrics. Most times I can't understand the words anyway, and make up my own.
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1. Buy a house and make it a home.
2. Cut down my work hours to part time and spend the extra day a week volunteering in an elementary school.
3. Take a month to study Thai massage at Wat Po in Bangkok.
4. Pay for all my relatives to come to our extended-family reunion in Hawaii in 2008
5. Invest wisely so I could continue to enjoy my windfall's bounty.
Five bad habits:
1. Biting my lip.
2. Being self-conscious instead of being friendly
3. Screening calls on my home phone
4. Getting offended over little things
5. Eating really late at night
Five things you like doing:
1. Blues and lindy dancing
2. Playing Catan C&K
3. Getting into it at Outhouse Intellectual discussions
4. Reading reading reading reading ...
5. Travelling ... Argentina in April
6. Trying new things
Five things you would never wear again:
1. Cut t-shirts, a la "Flashdance"
2. Light-blue, frosted eyeshadow
3. Spandex leggings
All the other things I reserve the right to dig out for costume or decade/theme parties.
Five things that scare you:
1. An electromagnetic pulse (think Ocean's Eleven) which would fry my laptop and external hard drive
2. A painful and protacted death
3. Die-hards. Not the batteries, but people who can't negotiate or empathize.
4. Scary movies about occult practices.
5. Bitter, angry people
Five favorite toys:
1. Powerbook
2. Digital camera/camcorder
3. Thesaurus
4. Rainbow colored expanding-star throw toy. Forget the name, but if you've been to my place, you know what it looks like
5. The internet
Five favorite books:
1. Complications: A Surgeon's Notes on an Imperfect Science, Gawande
2. Refuge: An Unnatural History of Family and Place, Williams
3. The Emperor of Scent: A True Story of Perfume and Obsession Burr
4. Grandfather's Journey Say
5. The Little Mermaid Anderson
Ender's Game, Persuasion, Auntie Mame, The Hours ... I could go on and on, but why don't we discuss it in person?
Five people to tag:
1. Mind on Fire
2. All the other people I know are either already tagged, or don't have blogs. How sad is that?
Monday, February 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know you love Say ... after all, you and Pilgrim Girl were the ones who introduced me to him in the first place!
Post a Comment