Today was a cookie baking day. My favorite ... P3C's, or pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Mom actually called me back early this morning to give me the recipe. Thank heavens! Because the ones I've made from on-line recipes never measure up. There were several motivations for baking today. First, I love these cookies, and so do some very good friends (FGITW and BFF most notably). Second, Safehouse is coming up, and I need something to bring. And third, refreshments (and a bribe for copies of future notes) for Outhouse.
So, I was in a cookie making flurry. First batch got burned on the bottom because I used a dark pan. I ate the tops off a few to ensure that the recipe was as good as I'd remembered. It was. Traded emails with BFF and teased him with the aroma of fresh baked cookies. The joke was on me ... he showed up at my doorstep right after lunch, on his way to a meeting in Culver City. Downed a few cookies fresh from the oven, chatted a bit, and then out the door. Seems like it's always like that; snatches of time between other engagements. I can't complain, because I do the same. He teased me about chocolate on my nose. I didn't believe him, until I took a look in the mirror after he'd left. Indeed, he'd told the truth. Must have been when I ate those cookie tops!
Anyway, after 8 trays of cookies, I was done. Enough cookies for several full plates ... one for friends and roommates, one for Outhouse, and one for Safehouse. That's my theory about cooking: minimum effort for maximum effect!
Wednesday, October 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment