Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Adventures on eBay

So, I've done it. Made my very first bid. Pilgrim Girl would be proud.

The thing is, I want my old watch back. It was as near to a perfect watch as I have ever found. Lights up when I press a button, handy when I'm working nights. Always tells me day, date and military time. I can set the secondary function to anywhere around the world ... very handy on trips. An alarm to wake me. A timer to remind me. A steel wristband that never gets dirty. The perfect watch. The one that's languishing in azure blue waters, at the base of Mooney Falls, in Havasupai. The one that was ripped from my wrist as I attempted to scale an interminable red rock wall ... well, maybe it was only ten feet, although it felt like twelve!

Anyway, when I got around to ordering a new one, I found that it was not available through any of the authorized Baby G online stores, much to my dismay. At first I couldn't believe it. Kept looking around for that cookie that would allow me to step through the magical door and place an order. Never found it. Been blue ever since.

Then, it finally connected ... with stories about miraculous finds on eBay. Embarked on the internet this morning, and found several! Absolute Nirvana! There is light at the end of the dark, timeless tunnel!

And so, I registered on eBay, and have placed my maximum bid, which was ... well, maybe I shouldn't tell. Who knows what other competitive bidder may be lurking about trying to sabotoge my quest to regain the perfect timepiece. Five more hours ... the clock is ticking.

No comments: