Saturday, February 21, 2009

Keeping Up The Family Business

I made them an offer that they couldn't refuse, and the Family Business party was a resounding success!!!

The idea blossomed from a small evening of playing the game, a few years ago. There we were … Wonder Woman, Perky, myself, Improv-er, White Boy and Gadget Boy. I’d just come home from Argentina, and had brought the girls back these fantastic little head ornaments from the antique fair in Buenos Aires (San Telmo). In a flash of inspiration, I made the girls don their minihats, and got the boys whatever mishmash of fedoras I had in my closet. We played the game and talked in accents all night. It was excellent.

The plan for the night of the party was simple … attendees were to bring an Italian dish to share, come in costume, speak in accents, and play the game. And since White Boy was so precipitously leaving the country, we also added a fare-thee-well dimension to the party that brought out some of our old-timey friends we haven’t seen in a while.

Anyway, the party was gangbusters. Some people really rose to the occasion, going all out with their costumes. Some of the best were Improv-er, Rocker Chic, T-Diddy, Fedora Man, Motorcycle Momma, Gadget Boy, Mr Giggles (extra points for originality), and Vintage Momma. Best characters were HSAAL and Improv-er, who kept us in stitches the entire night. Thanks so much for everyone who brought food, entertained, help teach, and helped clean up. Love you all!

1 comment:

Renee said...

I was just thinking about that night of yore the other day. Oh how I miss you guys! Wish I could have been there!