Thursday, February 05, 2009

25 (non)Random Things About Me

This is for JLITH, who isn't on facebook ... yet. You are now expected to make your own list of of surprising things, and share it with me.

1. I love watching movies that make me weep.

2. My favorite piece of music ever composed is the orchestral theme song from “Love Story.”

3. I have a convenient way of forgetting embarrassing moments. I prefer not to be helped in this matter.

4. After working nights for seven years, I sometimes get the urge to stay up all night … and I do.

5. I don’t read or send texts, and I borderline hate talking on the phone for any length of time … unless I haven’t talked to you in three months; you live far, far, away; or you’re exceptionally entertaining. I also don't use apps ... so don't get offended if I don't join in the vampire games or send you a sparkly fairy. My one excuse is that my workplace has banned facebook from our computers.

6. I contribute to an LDS feminist blog with a host of other amazing women.

7. I adore dressing up in costume.

8. I like wearing flowers in my hair.

9. I despise mean, stingy and/or selfish people. Come to think of it, that's a lot of people. Hmmm ...

10. I travel out of the country at least once a year. When I get to Antarctica and Australia, that will make all seven continents.

11. I fight against my inherent laziness and surprising ability to be cruel.

12. Partner dancing fulfills so many of my needs … touch, connection, creativity, activity. Sending out love to Mark, Vince, Victor, Ned, Patrick, John, Lance, Ian, Lincoln, and that fabulous guy from NYC.

13. When I do charge at work, I’m obsessed with making the perfect assignment list for the next shift. I have this insane idea that if I make the assignments just so, I can stave off disaster.

14. I love the texture of really good milk chocolate as it melts in my mouth.

15. I harbor a soft spot for geeks.

16. I converse best when I’m seated … more comfortable, less distracted, more focused.

17. I’m enchanted by obscure, precise words.

18. I sing alto. Not well. But I always sounds better when I’m sitting next to Patti or Kathryn.

19. I played clarinet for one year in elementary school. Then I discovered lip gloss, and it was all over for the reed instruments.

20. I remember better when I’ve written something down, even if I lose the note.

21. I’m saving up to buy a camera like Annelise’s

22. I like feeling fabrics in cloth stores.

23. I’m an amateur polygot … or rather, a jill of several languages.

24. I overuse ellipses … because I love them.

25. Despite my outer cynicism, I really do believe that love conquers all.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Your a romantic at heart...

cheyney webb said...

I love those 25 things! I like your soft spot for geeks.... maybe that is why you and Ryan get along!
xoxox