Monday, November 26, 2007

Easy going Thanksgiving

Celebrated Thanksgiving with the family today. Drove up to the valley in the afternoon. As I got on the 134, I called home, and realized that mom had been busy all day, and there were no plans for dinner yet. So, I swung by Costco (huzzah!) and got fixings for dinner ... a rotisserie chicken (because none of us really like turkey), salad greens, stuffing with cranberries, scalloped potatoes, and persimmons (because I saw them, and they reminded me of Yuki-grandma). I love Costco.

Dinner was fantastic. Didn't have to stress about cooking, and we all had fascinating discussions on whatever came to mind ... politics, religion, finance, etc. All those controversial topics that tend to ruin dinner conversation, just flowed and kept us all engaged and interested.

For dessert, Spork brought sweet potatoe pie ( a first, because he wanted to try it) and ice cream. We both stayed later than we'd intended, which meant a sleepy Tuesday for me. However, even though it was just me, Spork and the parents, it was a marvelous Thanksgiving.

No comments: