Hmmm … I’m finally getting over the scrooge-y phase that’s recently been darkening my doorstep. This morning, as I was driving to work, I was even able to think of things I’m grateful for.
I’m grateful for self-scheduling at work. Even if I sometimes forget about important things like one of the best dancing nights of the year, and schedule myself on a stretch of three days, with the dancing night being the one in the middle.
I’m grateful for guys who wear long sleeves when they go out dancing. As opposed to guys who wear short sleeves and sweat all over my dress. Then again, StretchJ asked me to dance again last night, and I made him laugh with my gratefulness.
I’m grateful for the internet. I was able to find the right size and color (patent leather red!) slippers (that will be perfect for dancing once I cover the bottoms in chrome suede) when the local store was sold out. I’m also grateful for postal delivery, even if the shoes are arriving too late to wear to the Lindy Groove holiday party.
I’m grateful for hitting the snooze button this morning. As a result of getting too little sleep last night (the dancing was really fantastic), I left for work a little late, and was able to see a spectacular sunrise.
I’m grateful for smog. Because the crimson sunset was probably due to the smog and low lying clouds that are verboten in December in Los Angeles.
And, I’m grateful for occasional bouts of scrooge-y-ness, which make the rest of life seem pearly and pretty.
And, mostly, I’m grateful for dancing. The last few weeks have been irritating and unfulfilling. When I took a step back to evaluate, I realized the missing piece was dancing. It helps me feel creative, productive and connected. It’s a good way to stay in shape. It’s a great way to meet and make friends. And I’ve been neglecting it to make room for things that just don’t satisfy as much. So, this year next year I’m going to make more room for dancing.
Friday, December 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Sandra~
We've been missing you lately. I'm still bummed we couldn't make it to your holiday party. Let's talk soon, ok?? :)
PS: I just ordered a pair of golden slippers via the 'Net. When I wear them I feel even more magical than Dorothy.
Can't wait to see your red shoes. You should take pictures!!
Post a Comment