Drove out to Havasupai today. In preparation, I decided to get my oil changed. This was a mistake. It took over 2 hours, and left no time to do some of the other things (like shave my legs and get those Dialogue issues from JoW). Anyway, since SaB wasn't able to come at the last moment, I decided to leave at 1400 and avoid the worst part of the traffic. I was trucking along, about an hour or so out. My left foot was perched on the edge of the dashboard, and I decided that I'd need to get another pedicure sometime after I got back. And then I started to get a niggling feeling at the base of my spine, and realized that I'd left my hiking boots back at my apartment! Crikes! There was nothing to do but turn around and retrieve them. Two hours of my life wasted (besides some rather expensive gas)!
All in all, it took 8.5 hours (an egg salad sandwich, some really salty chips, bottles of water and colas, kettle corn, a gas station chipotle hot dog, and many badly sung solos) to drive the 460 miles to the Hualapai trailhead. There was nothing to see so late at night ... not even any stars. Slept in the car, dreaming of blue-green soothing waters.
Wednesday, September 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment