Thursday, December 13, 2007

A Lindy Groove Christmas

Over to Lindy Groove for the LG Christmas party. Fabulous and sad, since this is the last performance that Barbara Morrison will give before moving far far away to the midwest.

Dancing was great. Anytime His Vickness and Evincerator are there, I know it's going to be a good night. HV is such a good lead, and really shares the dance, and his wife doesn't mind sharing his floor time. And E is so funky and unexpected, and his girlfriend doesn't mind sharing him either.

Met Jack, who apparently does a lot of DJing in the WCS world. Was waiting for a good song, and for him to be free, to ask him to dance. And he beat me to it! I love it when that happens.

Just about all my old favorites were out in force. Sadly, I didn't get a chance to dance with White StretchJ. And now he's moving to Las Vegas for a bit. But I'm sure he'll be back here for vacations and such. Turns out that Philly is going to start a westside monthly blues venue. BenY conned me into a dance ... I protested that it would be too fast. He said it wouldn't be. I shouldn't have believed him. It was fast. But BenY is such a good leader that it didn't really matter. Note to self: must do more cardio.

Fabulous fabulous night. I was sad when it was over. Lance did a very good thing when he started this club.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Are you blogging somewhere else or post-blogging now?