Friday, October 05, 2007

Rush Blogging: A Hard Day's Night

Got very little sleep last night as I packed for the trip to SLC. It's hard to whittle down the dance outfits.

Worked all day.

Took a 30 minute nap.

Then drove to SLC ... a paltry 700 miles.

Arrived this morning around 0900. After lots of caffeine. Several boredom relieving eposides of This American Life. Short nap in a rest station. And lots of nibbling. Was so wound up that I stayed up for another hour just chatting with Genie and letting the caffeine leach out of my system.

Then ... sleep.

Woke up in the evening, showered and got out to the MAC for some dancing. Well, more like watching dancing. Invitational couples. Most everyone was too busy getting ready to compete, or running around making sure things were running smoothly to dance a whole lot. And I found myself strangely cowed ... courage level was very down. However, did get in dances with Utah Swing Ambassador, Foosball and StraggleM.

Ran into Gil and Candy. I was surprised that they'd come all the way from LA for this event. Turns out, they'd gotten married a number of months ago, moved to SLC to be near her family for a little while, and are already regretting it and planning as escape. I'd like to think that I can entertain ymself sufficiently to live in any part of the world. But as I get older, I think that my flexibility in the area is rapidly decreasing.

No comments: